Proficiency Testing with Your LeadCare® II
Proficiency Testing (PT) enrollment is generally optional for waived testing. However, performing PT can be a great way for a lab to monitor their system’s performance and quality of test results. Verify the status of your LeadCare II System with your state’s CLIA office to determine whether or not your state recognizes waiver.
Accredited, Blood Lead PT programs include (these and others):
- Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH)
- The College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- American Proficiency Institute (API)
Some states mandate participation in state-run BL PT programs:
Pennsylvania State Department of Health: All laboratories licensed in Pennsylvania are required to participate in PA’s Blood Lead PT Program.
How to be successful with proficiency testing:
- Review the Blood Lead PT skills checklist & troubleshooting tips
- Take the Blood Lead PT assessment exam
Need help or additional information?
Contact the Product Support Team at (800) 275-0102 or email us at LeadCareSupport@magellandx.com.